Thursday, February 12, 2015

booking


Our windows vibrated in beating wind as heavy, echoing thunder and rain pounded relentlessly, disturbing sleep through the night. By dawn the storm had passed. Hours later, from our apartment window the motion of gushing water moving to the street drain caught my eye. One look and the rippling current from last night's downpour had me. Pulling, luring me deeper, until enveloped in the memory of back then, back when we rode the storm at sea. I could see it all again.

These words will start the boat book, as i call it. From the above paragraph it goes into a ship ride through a typhoon.

I'm working and reworking on the book. Winter in Rome is cool and wet enough to keep me home. Reading and writing fills the days easily. In a few days I'll tell you where the book will be and where you can find it. 

Michael Connelly's new book, The Burning Room, was a nice way to spend a few days. As with all his other books, this one was a good read.


No comments: